As we all know, Gmail is one of the best services offered by Google. It has the following benefits:
- It provides free email service.
- It is available in more than 70 different languages.
- It is a service which is used by a majority of the people around the world.
- It works very well with desktops and smartphones.
But despite these advantages, sometimes there are issues, especially in Gmail Syncing on your device. Unfortunate users have also faced this statement “sync is currently experiencing problems, it will be back shortly.” Majority of the Gmail users are facing such kind of problems on Android smartphones and tablets.
In most of the devices, these kinds of issues are temporary. So, more often than not, this problem is solved by itself automatically. The best solution is to wait for some time. Still, if you are facing this issue then you can make use of the following solutions. But, do remember that these solutions are only applicable for the devices that are running on Android 6.0 OS.
Perform the Manual Syncing of the Google Account
This is an easy solution to quickly solve the syncing problem of Gmail. This fix is easy to perform and you can perform this fix with the help your Android device. All you need to do is turn on the “Sync now” option for a particular Google Account and follow the easy steps mentioned below.
- Open the “Settings” of your Android smart device.
- Scroll the display down
- Tap on the option of “Accounts” which comes under the Personal
- Go to the option of “ “
- You will see three dotted points at the right corner of the display. Tap on them.
- This will open a pop-up for you with an option of “Sync Now.”
- Tap on Sync Now, it will surely solve your syncing issue.
This will automatically resolve the Gmail Syncing issue
Clear the Cached Data of the Gmail
Clear up the data as well as the cached data of the Gmail app. Here are the easy steps that you need to perform:
- Unlock your Android device and go to “Settings.”
- Go to the “Apps” option which you will find under the “Device“ section.
- Choose the option of “All Apps.”
- This will show you all the apps that are on the device (whether enabled or disabled).
- Here, you have to find “Gmail” and open it.
- After doing that, it will take you to another display on which you will see the Storage option.
- Tap on it. A display will open along with the option of Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- Tap on both the options one by one. (If any prompts are coming, say OKto all the prompts.)
- If you are experiencing a syncing issue with your Google calendar or contact sync, you can clear cache data for that from the app manager of your device.
This will fix the problem of syncing of any apps.
Checking for Android Updates
The Android updates may also cause a syncing problem in the Gmail. So, it is better that you check for Android Updates. To check for Android updates, follow the following easy steps:
- Go to Settings on the Android device.
- Go to the bottom of the display and here, you will find the option of “About Device.”
- Tap on it. It will show you all the information concerning your smartphone.
- Tap on the option of “Software Updates,” to know whether an update is available or not.
- If any updates are available, then you will get the option of “Install”.
- If there are no updates available, then the display shows “Your system is up to date.”
In some devices, a syncing problem occurs due to Android updates. So, to resolve it, check the Android updates for your smart device and get solution about “Syncing”.
By Changing the Time and Date
In the majority of the devices, this is one of the reasons why the syncing issue happens. At this point, you need to correct the time and date in your smartphone. Follow the following steps:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your smart device.
- Scroll down the display.
- Find the option of “Time and Date” and tap on it.
- You will find the option of “Automatic Date and Time.”
- Turn on that option.
- It will set up the right time and date on the device.
- Once the date and time are set up, then the Gmail sync error may be gone.
These are the best solutions to fix Google sync if you are experiencing problems.