The Samsung Push Service provides regular updates and notifications for various Samsung services. It displays a new message whenever there is an update. Basically, it allows publishers of applications, websites and central servers to make messaging requests.
What it does is – you receive a “push” notification from a publisher of a Samsung application, it then begins running in the background and downloading or updating certain services exclusive to Samsung. These services could be:
- S Calendar
- S Voice
- S memo
- Any other Samsung only service or app
The truth is that Samsung Push is an annoying service since the app constantly asks you to update it, to “improve its service stability”. Users often complain of Samsung push service sending irritating and unnecessary app offers and blame the app for draining their battery.
How to get rid of Samsung Push Service?
1. Disable Push’s Notification Settings
The easiest way to get rid of Samsung Push’s pop-up notifications is to simply disable it. The app will still be installed on your smartphone, but your battery won’t drain as much. Also, you won’t be annoyed by constant notifications.
To disable Samsung push’s notifications:
- Go to your device’s settings.
- Select “Applications” (also called “App Manager” on some devices).
- Tap on “Samsung Push Service” and then “Notifications”.
- Toggle on “Block all” to never show notifications from the app.
You can also use third party tools to uninstall and completely remove Samsung Push Service from your device.
2. Uninstall Samsung Push with ROM Toolbox
You can use ROM Toolbox Lite, which is a free app to remove Samsung bloat-ware.
- Launch ROM Toolbox
- Select “App Manager.”
- You will see all your apps listed.
- Select the ones you want to remove.
- Scroll down to see the apps with a reddish background — these are your system apps, and this is where Samsung Push would be located.
- After selecting the apps you wish to remove, tap the trash icon and remove all the Samsung apps you never want to see again.
3. Uninstall Samsung Push with Package Disabler Pro
You can also use Package Disabler Pro to remove Samsung Push from your device:
- Download the app from Google Play Store and install it on your Samsung phone.
- After installing the app, launch the app.
- Select “Samsung Push Service,” then hit “Disable.”
- Samsung Push will now be removed from your phone.
Uninstalling Samsung push service will definitely cause a noticeable increase in the battery life of Samsung devices.