Why Should You Rebuild PS4 Database?
In order to ensure that your PS4 performs at its best, you need to make sure that you properly organize the database of content and rebuild PS4 database from time to time. If you are heavy users of the PS4, it is recommended that you rebuild PS4 database once every month.
How many of you noticed that the performance of your PC improved once you defragged it? The same applies to the PS4. Over a period of time, files on the PS4 can become fragmented and disorganized, having a disastrous effect on the performance of the gaming console. Particularly, if the PS4 hard-drive is full of game saves, apps, videos etcetera, it can lead to longer loading times and slower navigation through the menu system.
What Does Rebuild Database Do On PS4?
The advantages of rebuilding the PS4 database are:
- Cleans the hard-drive and allows you to free up space on your hard-drive
- Aids performance by clearing unneeded files and memory
- Re-organizes the structure of files and folders
- Ensures PS4 is running as smoothly as possible
If you are experiencing the following issues, then it is necessary that you rebuild PS4 database:
- PS4 not reading a disc or any other disc drive issues
- Lethargic game loading times
- Game stuttering issues
- Slow navigation through menus
- Issues with accessing DLC
Let us find out how you can rebuild PS4 database.
Steps To Rebuild PS4 Database?
Start the PS4 in safe mode. In the safe mode, you can easily troubleshoot issues with your console.
- Switch off the PS4 using the power button.
- Hold down the power button and listen out for two beeps (this should take approximately seven seconds)
- Connect the PS4 controller via USB cable and turn it on.
- You will be presented with the safe mode menu and over there you will see the option to Rebuild Database. Choose that option and press ‘X’ to Rebuild PS4 Database.
- Your screen will turn black and it will take a considerable amount of time to rebuild the database depending on how much data you have on your PS4. Do not panic and do not turn the console off during the rebuilding process.
- Once the PS4 restarts, the database has been cleaned.
Some people falsely believe that you lose data in the rebuilding process and the PS4 database is corrupted. This is completely untrue. All “rebuilding database” does is reorganize the files and clear up the PS4 memory. You need to take one important precaution though – DO NOT accidentally press “Initialize PS4”. This will surely wipe all your data. Just like rebuilding PS4 database, changing PS4 Nat Type is also very common.
Time Required To Rebuild PS4 Database
Although this directly depends on the state of your PS4 hard-disk, it usually takes not more than a few minutes. The standard is somewhere between 10 to 20 minutes.
Rebuilding PS4 Database Improves Performance
In the past, PS4 users have reported a huge difference in the quality of performance of Sony’s gaming console after undergoing a rebuild. You will also be pleased after rebuilding your PS4 database as it will make your PS4 super-efficient and extremely fast. Happy and safe gaming!