PS4 NAT type is usually associated with the wireless router being used. Most people are likely to face this PS4 NAT type failed error while changing their wireless router. This is a common NAT type error on PS4 that we get to see. Certainly, there is a serious lack of information and solution on this topic. Let us provide you with a PS4 NAT type fix so that you get a seamless and error-free gaming experience.
It doesn’t matter if you haven’t made any changes on PS4, the NAT type error depends directly on the router. Due to this error you might face issues while playing games. For instance, your ping will be abnormally high, you will join the game very late, etc. Hence, the appropriate action one could take here is to check the networks settings on the PS4. Check if the IP address has been changed or not, make sure that the ethernet cable is all good & cross check if the DMZ server was in configuration according to the router.
Also See: How To Change PS4 Nat Type?
At this point, most of the users will try and reset the router and PS4 only to find that none of it works. Now, the very basic means to fix this issue is to directly connect your PS4 to the modem. As I said the culprit here is the router and since the PS4 is directly connected to the modem, with no router in between, the issue will find no way. However, not many people have this convenience of connection modem to PS4, which is why they get the router in the first place. So the optimal & convincing way to fix PS4 Nat type error is by changing DMZ router configuration.
To fix this PS4 NAT type failed error, follow these steps:
- Manually enter your router settings into PS4. You will find this essential information on the bottom of your router. You can even log onto a Windows PC which is connected to that router.
- On your PC/laptop, click on Windows>Search, type “run” and click on it. Now press “cmd” and then press “Enter”. This will open up a command prompt screen. Now type “ipconfig/all” without any spaces and press enter again.
- Now, locate Ethernet or wireless LAN adapter.
- Note the IP address, the default gateway, the subnet mask and the DNS servers.
- Go to Network Settings and set up a network.
- Go to wireless or wired (do not press auto) and type in the above-found details.
If you follow these steps correctly, definitely you will see an internet connection and your issue of NAT type error on PS4 will be resolved. Have a fun-filled and seamless gaming experience on your PS4.