The PS4 is one of the most loving gaming consoles in the market. People of all ages love it as it offers a fantastic gaming experience. But, if something isn’t working right, the whole gaming experience gets ruined.
One of the problems PS4 users face is that the controller does not charge. Let us check out a few possible fixes for PS4 controller not charging issue –
- Replace the batteries. Rechargeable batteries lose their charge with time.
- Reset the PS4 controller. On the back of the controller, there is a small indent located next to the right screw. Take a sharp object and press that indent down for a few seconds. Then plug in the charger and see if it is charging.
- The charging port may be faulty. Sometimes, the charging port gets damaged because of constantly plugging the charger in and out.
- Make sure the charging cable is not broken. Try connecting the cable to a different controller and see if it is charging or not.
- Make sure your PS4 controller is not sitting on any hot surface. That could be the reason behind the not charging issue.
- Sometimes, putting the controller into the freezer for half an hour can also fix the issue. This trick was helpful as the controller started to charge normally after this.
- The controller may start to charge normally once it is placed upside down.
If nothing works and your device is still under the warranty, go to the store from where you purchased it and ask for a replacement of the faulty controller.