Popcorn Time had made watching movies and listening to music online a convenient task by making the cursory system of torrents more accessible. It basically gave torrents an easy to use interface and a clean modern look.
Unfortunately, after the original developers quit the program, new teams added more features on Popcorn Time such as running on Android devices, supporting for Chrome cast and Air Play devices, etc. As we all know, more functions cause more trouble. So, “Popcorn Time not connecting” is a perennial problem these days and this issue irritates its users to the core.
Popcorn Time Stuck On Connecting
It may happen that while you’re watching your favorite movies/tv shows, Popcorn Time may get stuck on the “Connecting” screen. There can be numerous reasons for this error to occur. However, there are some common solutions as well that work most of the time.
- Disable the firewall on your machine.
- Close any proxy or ad blocker programs if you have any of them running.
- If you have an antivirus, try disabling it and check if this solves the issue.
- Possibly your ISP is blocking the torrent. So use a VPN.
Popcorn Time Error Getting Metadata
If you’re getting an error with the metadata, then you should apply this very simple but effective tactic.
Open a movie, let it load, and then close it. Now go straight to the tv series you want to watch and it will work. Perform the same operation vice versa if for tv series.
Popcorn Time Error Loading Data
This a very common error and we have written a separate article to help you solve the Popcorn Time error loading data. Make sure you check it out and let us know in the comments if that worked for you.
Popcorn Time Black Screen Issue
Users have said that when they open the Popcorn Time, it loads and when they search for any movie or tv series, the black screen appears. While some have said that they get a black screen when they try to watch in full-screen mode.
In both the cases, it is very likely that you’re using a faulty version of Popcorn Time. We have come to know that Popcorn Time developers have withdrawn support from such faulty versions. SO I would recommend everyone facing this error to download the latest version of Popcorn Time from https://popcorntime.sh/
Popcorn Time Won’t Load Movies
Well, usually this comes as a random error and I have seen people come back screaming that the problem has been solved. All they did was reinstall the app, restarted the machine & Wifi router. Or you could even try to delete the cache files from Popcorn Time. Also make sure to use a VPN for safe passage.
Best Popcorn Time Movie App Alternative
The ultimate solution for fixing this issue is to replace Popcorn Time with the 5KPlayer, which is a glitch free and easy way of downloading movies and playing music. The 5KPlayer does exactly what Popcorn Time does and solves our problem of “Popcorn Time not connecting” once and for all.
There are many advantages of using the 5KPlayer:
- 5KPlayer is a legal and safe way of streaming video and audio files in a variety of formats – MP4, MOV, M4V and MP3.
- 5KPlayer is easy to use on both Windows OS and Mac OS.
- With Popcorn Time, you could not watch 4K movies as the required codec was not supported by the Popcorn Time App. Thankfully; 5KPlayer enables you to download 4K and 8K videos online. So, with 5KPlayer, you can effortlessly watch 4K movies.
How To Download 4K Videos From YouTube Using 5KPlayer
- Copy the URL of the movie or video that you want to download.
- Click “YouTube” button on the main panel of 5KPlayer.
- Click on “Paste URL & Analyze”.
- Click on “Download” to start downloading movies.