Popcorn Time is a free movie torrent streaming app that has been downloaded millions of types and has a substantial fan following all over the world. In fact, Popcorn Time is a fascinating success story on the internet and has emerged as the prime threat to Netflix. Unfortunately, Popcorn Time stops working after some time, thus annoying its users. Many users have reported Popcorn Time throwing an error loading data. Here’s how to tackle it.
Popcorn Time is one of the best alternatives of Netflix & other premium streaming services. I have, personally, been using Popcorn Time for over a year now and I don’t plan to change it anytime soon. The reason is that I find almost any & every movie/tv show on Popcorn Time. Moreover, Anime has also been listed on Popcorn Time. There are other free streaming websites & apps like 123movies, Showbox, etc, none of which I really like because of the shitty user interface. Popcorn Time, on the other hand, provides a premium experience at free of cost.
But just like any other website/app, Popcorn Time also throws unexpected errors occasionally which can be solved easily. One of the most common errors users have reported they get while using Popcorn Time, is “error loading data”. Now, if you don’t know, most of the free streaming services pull the data (movies, tv series) from torrents. And, we all know that the torrent industry has been facing a revolt from the government side lately. Hence, these are nothing but server issue if I sum this up in short. Just follow the simple fixes below to fix the errors.
How to Fix Popcorn Time Not Working/Data Loading Error
- To fix the Popcorn Time error loading data problem, you can uninstall Popcorn Time -> Go to App Data -> Remove Popcorn-Time and Temp/Popcorn-Time -> Reboot your PC -> Reinstall.
2. Download the latest version of Popcorn Time app.
- Right-click the Popcorn Time icon and click “Run as administrator”.
4. Go to popcorntime.ml and download the “Popcorn Time alternative”. This works on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- You can also use “WinX YouTube Downloader”, which is considered by many as a stable Popcorn Time alternative, to download movies from Facebook, YouTube etc. (300 sites)
- If Popcorn Time stops working and you want to watch HD movies, give “5KPlayer”a try. It is pretty amazing as you are allowed to freely download 4K movies online.
Alternative Method To Fix Popcorn Time Error Loading Data
- Open the folder where Popcorn Time is installed.
- Go to “src”.
- Then the app.
- Open “Settings.js” in Wordpad.
- Replace the fingerprint under “url: ‘https://yts.re/api/’,” as well as the fingerprint under the fallback to ‘3F:D2:F7:92:A1:EB:1A:EE:72:BF:BE:17:BA:EA:04:4C:CE:29:7C:20’
For mac users, a very absurd way to solve this is to try to sort movies by different parameters. As funny as it sounds, users have claimed this to be working.
The above solution will most probably solve the issue of “error loading data” in Popcorn Time. If it doesn’t, then feel free to comment below and we shall look up for an alternative fix.