There are enough 3DS emulators available on the internet for gaming. Citra 3ds emulator is one of my favorites ones. These emulators ideally require a playable 3DS file. However, there are instances when a 3DS CIA file is available. This CIA file can be converted in order to mold it into a playable 3DS file. We have written down a complete procedure, step-by-step to help you guys through this conversion of 3DS CIA to 3DS playable file.
In order to covert a CIA file to a playable 3DS file, follow the following steps:
- Go to https://mega.nz/#!dWBy0DjB!CIUjcMCnhmH7rA6DQBPUvnCzom42H2QXQQyGD2wNmUI and download the 3DS to CIA converter. After downloading the 3DS to CIA converter, open it. When you open it, you are going to get a folder named 3DS to CIA converter. In that folder you will have 2 extra folders:
- CIA to 3DS converter
- Test Ligit CIA
- It has to be a legitimate CIA for this software to work (because it has to be decrypted). Then, open the folder “Test Ligit CIA” and remove the contents in the folder. When you open the folder, you will see the game that was previously used. This is the same CIA that we will be using. You can find other legitimate CIAs on the internet. Take this file and copy the filename. Make sure you copy everything. Once you copy this file, you are going to remove this file from the contents of the folder and place it within the 3DS to CIA converter folder. Once you do this, you are set to convert.
- Now, run the CIA to 3DS converter. Once it opens, you are going to get a little menu. Hit 3, that is, “View converter menu” and hit enter. Once you hit enter, a new menu is going to pop up. Once you get here, hit the number 6 and hit enter again. The name that you were instructed to copy earlier, you are going to paste here. So, right click and paste it and then hit enter. This will begin the process of converting the CIA to a 3DS file. It will say “please wait”. It will take a while. When it’s done, you will see a message – “Congratulations. You are done.” You will be redirected to the little menu.
- Go back to your CIA to 3DS file folder and in there, you will find your converted file (with the 3DS Citra symbol). The only thing you have to do to make it compatible with your 3DS is that you need to right-click on it, go down to “properties” and when you open properties, go up to “change to” and find the Citra Emulator shortcut and click on that. That will make it compatibility open with you Citra Emulator. Just click “open with” and find the shortcut to your “Citra Emulator”.
- That’s it. Enjoy your game!
Note – Using this program takes up a lot of resources of your computer, so make sure you have a decent computer for the 3DS to CIA conversion. Also, make sure you don’t do anything else on your PC until this process is done.
Happy gaming …!